Wednesday, April 25, 2007

goodbye to Sophie and hello to a new mentor



It has been on my mind for the past couple of days since I received the farewell letter from Sophie, the fact that I will be working with a new mentor. I will wait until I have confirmation of who that might be before i go much further but some thoughts come up.

I will try and just move forward from here, not keep referring back to the process that began last year, last term or whenever. I regret having removed all my postings over the past months and then again, think it's okay, we go forward, only.

I am leaving Westport in less than two weeks now 9and will be working from Auckland for the following two months, and then Canada etc) and working to complete the second of my 3D works.
As part of this idea of the 'formless'in art I am working against the elevation and the raising up of 3D work. I was pleased to create a support system that allows me to work on the ground ( horizontal) and which will still allow me freedom to work with mass/weight/density etc.
I am committed to using a stockpile of oamaru stone that I have here, and began this work the cutting today.
I am very much involved with process and watching this unfold with this material.
I have some ideas of what I might add to the mix at a later stage ( perhaps wax, more copper wire) but I don't want to spend too much time projecting what might happen.

I find myself thinking about it all continuously.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home