Monday, March 26, 2007

Telecom Prospect 2007

Here begins the story of my love affair with et al.
Last week I went to Wellington, New Zealand, and at the end of a brilliant week doing Genuine Contact program ( Train the Trainers) I spent two days focused on art in the city, whats on, standing in front of pictures etc. I had my first experience of an installation by Et Al.
I had just come from doing work with GC and Open Space Technology both of which utilize the mythological and dynamic meaning of the circle to inform subsequent beliefs and processes. The relationship between this work and my art is centred on some ideas of Adults as Learners, Left Brain and Right Brain Thinking and so on. Read this from the book by Dan Pink, A Whole New Mind. (2005)
I realized when I saw the Et Al installation that I could completely recontextualize my Art Vision and align it with my work with Open Space Technology and Creativity. Perhaps it is simply a way of contracting my current art model in readiness for travelling to Canada in a couple of months.
Et Al used found materials, common objects, music, image, light boxes and paper, masking tape, felt markers......these are all the basic tools I use when I facillitate Open Space Technology events/meetings.
There are some common threads that I am trying to weave into my work.

Labels: