Saturday, March 03, 2007

supports and time well spent

It surprises me how many hours I put into creating the support for the paintings and drawings.

The issue is that it is not proper time and something to be gotten over with, that it's somehow 'irrelevant' or superfluous.

I am planning to draw and paint onto transparent paper using wax and dyes. The support in this case being three wooden screens each being 40cmx180cm. It has required experimentation with the paper, glues and heat. All this takes time. The screens will then be mounted in a free standing partition. There have been set backs and restarts. All this takes time.


When I am preparing the supports for metre square works, this process sometimes takes forever.

I believe it is very important time spent, my finding it grounding, reassuring and practical.

At these times it feels like I am not doing art, which helps.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home